Monday, June 12, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Back In The Saddle Again...


Hi, all!

It's so nice when life gets back to a normal routine!  I love the Hands2Help Challenge, but it sure does change what I work on - and it's fun to get back to quilting, I must say!  I've got a list a mile long of things I want to work on...

First of all, though, let's look at last week's list and how it went...


1.  Mail the last of the H2H packages.
Done!  My littles went with me to the post office and were amazingly patient while we took care of all the Canadian packages.  Thank heaven for the traveling library, all loaded up with kids books they hadn't seen yet!

2.  Start working on a Hipster Cat quilt for my eye doctor's office.
Done, and not just working on it - the quilt is finished!  I can't wait to get this one hung up sometime tomorrow...


I used a pretty lime green Glide thread to do straight line quilting on this one, an inch between stitching lies.


And here it is, in all its glory!  I'm particularly proud of the fact that it is COMPLETELY finished - there is a hanging sleeve AND a label on the back!

3.  Keep working on the Long Time Gone quilt.
As I shared last Wednesday, I got a little bit done on this...


4.  Work on the 12 Days of Christmas In July quilt-along quilt!
I didn't get to this one - I would have worked on it this afternoon, but Lilli was sewing with me and I didn't want to make her move off my cutting board.  You'll see below what I worked on instead!

5.  Meet with a customer about a new t-shirt quilt commission.
Done!  All the supplies are ordered and I'm ready to start as soon as they arrive....



6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a gentleman undergoing lung surgery this week...


...and this quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with ALS.




And today, while I couldn't get to my cutting table, I started assembling this quilt top, made using string blocks we've made at church.  This was a fun exercise, very low stress, as the blocks are totally random and there are no seams to match.

So a good week all in all!  I spent a lot of time with the grandkids last week (you can see pics from "Nana Camp" on last Friday's blogpost) so I was happy to get as much done as I did!  Here's what's on tap for this week.....

1.  Hang up the Hipster Cat quilt in my doctor's office.

2.  Work on the new t-shirt quilt commission job.

3.  Start the pineapple blocks for the Long Time Gone quilt.

4.  Work on the quilt for the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along!

5.  Quilt two quilts for Hands2Help.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

So that's my week ahead!  Enough to keep me out of trouble, but also allowing for some fun time.  

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Well, today was going to be the start of the ACTUAL quilting of the Freefall QAL leaves, but we needed some kindling split. Thank goodness for a petrol drive log splitter, one morning's work, in a very cold southerly wind, even under the car port shelter, but the large partition in the shed is again full!!! So tomorrow, no outside work for me. Your cat, such a beauty, and it will be so admired by any patient who comes in the door. It could even double as a test for "macular degeneration". And your ministry quilts, both so beautiful. What treasures to those in a time of worry, trauma, and a comfort is so needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Hipster Cat with glasses! Did you design her yourself? Please forgive me if you've already said so, I just don't recall reading the backstory about this quilt.
    I sure appreciate getting my book prize from the H2H challenge. I didn't expect a present in return for my quilt, I thought just a few people would be lucky winners, not every single one of us! And it was a nice surprise. There is more than one quilt in the book I would like to make. Unfortunately I haven't been very productive lately, but I'll get going again soon! There are too many quilts waiting to be made in my future, I can't afford to waste too much time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again you have been so busy loving the cat with the glasses will be sure to grab attention of the patients. Both charity quoits look lovely and the string project is coming along well

    ReplyDelete
  4. So enjoyed seeing all the quilts your have been working on and some still to be done! They are all beautiful. Especially love your Hipster Cat Quilt :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week is finishing up two baby quilts (binding them), then getting to work on a third baby quilt. The other detail this week will be getting to know my new sewing machine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solid progress this week, Sarah and your littles were blessed in the midst of it :-)
    I quilted on the longarm and started binding. Have a bit to do on En Provence and then I might get to start a new project. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, That hipster cat is so adorable. I am sure it will be admired by many waiting in the waiting room at the eye doctor's. I really loved both your quilts for your quilt ministry. It sounds like you've got some fun projects waiting to be worked on this week. Wish there were more hours in the day for me. I'll be working on the same two projects this week that I did last week: Captain America quilt and Mickey and Pirate Friends cross stitch. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see it has been a busy week as usual. On the hipster cat (cut, cute,cute) did you piece the cat and them applique it on? It seem too large for that. could not see clearly enough to tell.

    Thank you for sharing where your ministry quilt go, just know I will always pray for the recipients.

    And yea, it did help to make a list. Will be doing this from now on. Thanks.
    Blessing and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you really finished the Hipster Cat fast! It looks great and I'm sure your eye doctor will be tickled pink by it :)

    This week, I'm quilting up an older WIP of scrappy Pretzel Twist blocks, doing a sort of Maltese Cross FMQ design in the negative space. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My jaw is dropped to my waist! I can't believe your list of to-dos and wonderful accomplishments!! =D you are amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been counting, and now will start documenting sewing machines (wow, I have more than I thought). I'm also fleshing out ideas for my 12 Days of Christmas in July blog post. It may be a HUGE post ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!